Sunday, July 22, 2012

Here Comes the Sun

 
I love falling asleep on couches. I find them extremely comfortable and cozy. However, I am regretting falling sleep on the couch tonight. While watching Workaholics with my brother, I fell asleep about 11pm. Woke up at 2, watched the first 15 minutes of Chicken Run, because...well...it was on and it is just so great, then decided to go to BED.

 It is now 5:02 and I have yet to fall asleep in my own bed.

I can see the sherbert sky rolling in with dark clouds that always seem to look like mountains at this hour. I love being awake at this time; voluntarily of course.

I am listening to the Civil Wars sing "C'est la Mort" which is such a gorgeous song. They are easily one of my favorite artist duos.

Music always allows me to add a soundtrack to my life. Or daydream of what my life would be like if it was a movie and imagining it set to music that I am currently listening to. I often find myself doing that. Sometimes I will even ignore phone calls or texts for the moment that I am listening to a song, just because the imagery set to the music I am imagining is too perfect to let go. 


I'll imagine my first dance at my wedding with my future husband (for years I have been picturing Jason Mraz as my husband to be. He always, and still is, an excellent husband filler). 

I'll imagine one of those lame but totally adorable cliché "realizing I love you" moments in the rain, screaming the name of the man I love, confessing our love in the streets of London.

Even when I am out for a run I will put my life in the music. Imagining I am running the backroads of Ireland is one of my favorites, or running across country to my future love, or in a bad-ass, mofo chase scene. 

to life's little soundtracks
cxs




p.s.
It is really pretty outside right now

No comments:

Post a Comment