Sunday, March 13, 2011

Architecture

I love architecture. 
If I could go back to my freshman year of college, I would have stayed in the interior design field. The first 2 years of school are along side the architecture students. Unfortunately intimidation got the best of me which makes me sick looking back on how my life would have been different had I stayed with it. 
But what's done is done.
I can still learn about architecture though. 
So I started volunteering at the Chicago Architecture Foundation. 
My absolute favorite building in the world is the Tribune Tower just north of the river on Michigan ave. Not only does it have that neo-gothic look to itdesigned by New York architects John Mead Howells and Raymond Hood, but it also has pieces of other amazing buildings from all over the world. There are pieces from the Great Wall of China, Taj Mahal, Notre Dame, the Great Pyramid and many others, all of which are placed at street level so people that walk past can touch them. 
You can TOUCH Notre freakin' Dame while standing in Chicago.
It's just awesome. Absolutely, totally, and completely awesome.



Definitely check it out if you're ever in Chicago. I also recommend checking out theses website:
This site has amazing Architecture & Interiors.

to architecture,
cxs

No comments:

Post a Comment