Saturday, March 16, 2013

Epiphanies

I think I never finish things because I know once things are finished....that moment is forever finished, and I don't want it to be. I said in my last post,

"It's all so exciting at the start. A fresh new thing to be doing/seeing/starting, the images of the future outcomes, and the potential happiness that will surely come at the end."

 ...happiness that will surely come at the end...? Hmmm...says who??

Let's dig through my brain a bit...

 Books will never be finished for me because maybe I don't want the adventure to end?
Relationships never last for me because maybe I'm afraid of falling too hard and getting hurt, so I just end things before anything real can happen?
Perhaps I've been in school so long because I've ALWAYS been in school. School is what I know how to do. After all, I've been doing it since I was 3. I'm essentially a professional student (but with the worst procrastination problems). I think I am afraid to move on. I really really really like my comfort zone, but as many people have said before me: "life begins at the end of your comfort zone."

I guess now that I'm about to graduate and move on from school, it's as good a time as any to let go of everything I've been holding onto and never finished. 

It's time to finish the unfinished.

I also need to think of finishing something as ACCOMPLISHING it, not ending it. It may be the end of one thing, but that also means it's the start of a new, great, and wonderful thing.

to epiphanies
cxs

2 comments:

  1. I try to live by this quote: "life begins at the end of your comfort zone." but it's hard most of the time.
    I wish you the best in accomplishing something great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate your kind words and support! Really means a lot to me! :)

    ReplyDelete